Monday, December 22, 2014

Reflections at Christmas and the Holiday Season

We stand at the door of a new Christmas and Holiday Season. I get asked "are you ready for Christmas" many times as the 25th draws near. I think the question refers to whether or not I have purchased all the gifts for the family and friends yet. I answered yesterday that I am always ready for Christmas and my intent was to remind myself of the spirit of the Holiday Season. My hope is that I am able to enjoy each moment with those I love and try to make time go just a bit slower. This time of the year is a great time to reflect, to celebrate, and to recognize where you have been and more important where you are going. Some of us are having a difficult time and the Holiday Season can mean increased stress and distress. I offer my prayers and best wishes for those in need. For those who have much, I also offer you the blessing of enjoying the small things in life as sometimes those are the most important. Life is short and time just keeps moving. Take the opportunity that this Christmas and Holiday Season provides to forgive, to express kindness, to share, and most of all to love. Love is the single greatest emotion humans possess. If we can all express love and loving behaviors to one another the earth will be a better place, even for just one day.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

Dr. Nussbaum
Brain Health Center

No comments:

Post a Comment